Nextdoor is a private social network for your neighborhood. It lets you and your neighbors be aware of what’s happening in your local community. And when the neighbors communicate, it can solve lots of emerging problems and allows them to make lots of important arrangements.
The app may help you in finding a last-minute babysitter, learning about an upcoming party, or hearing about a rash of car break-ins.
This service is now available in the USA, the United Kingdom, and Netherlands.
People across these countries use the Nextdoor app to:
- Stay in the know about theft, break-ins, weather alerts and other important notices;
- Sell, find, and give away items in the Classifieds section.
- Get recommendations for service providers like roofers, plumbers, contractors, and more.
- Ask for help finding lost pets;
- Hear about neighborhood events and yard sales.
- Connect with the neighborhood babysitters, pet sitters, and dog walkers.
After signing up within the app and uploading your address, you are connected with people living in your area — the same as you would be on Facebook, except you know these people live near you.
You will see updates and public posts from the people in your neighborhood and keep up with everything in your neighborhood. This app creates a private environment designed just for you and your neighbors.
The Bottom Line
Nextdoor has a noble mission to provide a trusted platform where neighbors can work together to build stronger, safer, and happier communities. This app gives you the opportunity to keep up with all the news around you, get useful recommendations and get help when you need it.
- Free to get and use;
- Keeps you up everything in your neighborhood;
- An opportunity to find trustworthy service providers;
- Stay aware of break-ins and weather alerts.Cons
- Available only in the US, the UK, and the Netherlands.